RIVOLI POST PLANNING STUDY LETTER
During the months of February and March 2010 Rivoli Theatre Group contracted with Winkler Consulting Group, a full-service fundraising firm headquartered in Charleston, SC, to conduct a formal planning study regarding the potential to conduct a comprehensive capital campaign. Included with this letter are some of the findings and highlights of the study.
During these months, Winkler Consulting Group conducted 52 personal interviews. These individuals represented a wide cross section of community leaders, constituents, and supporters in the Grand Strand area. Additionally, in an effort to conduct a thorough and balanced study, electronic surveys were sent out to another 3,000 individuals in the Myrtle Beach business community, disseminated through the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce. Below are some of the highlights, which came from the findings of the study:
From these statistics, along with additional information gathered during the study,
Winkler Consulting Group provided 21 observations and recommendations. A brief summary of their recommendations are as follows:
- 76% of those interviewed said addressing the priority to build a state-of-the-art, one-of-a-kind, multi-use performing arts center is a high or moderate priority for the future of the Myrtle Beach community.
- 70% of those interviewed said they would financially support a campaign for Rivoli Theatre Group with a personal gift.
- 71% of those surveyed are in favor of moving forward with a comprehensive capital campaign to raise the necessary funds for the priority listed.
The study, along with specific recommendations, has been formally presented to the Board of Directors of Rivoli Theatre Group.
- Based off the positive results of the planning study, Rivoli Theatre Group should immediately move forward with the initial phase of a capital campaign. The effort will require an intensive preparation phase, focused on strengthening public awareness of the project and cultivation of prospects.
- If appropriate steps are taken, Winkler Consulting Group projects Rivoli Theatre Group should be able to raise $1-$2 million for a performing arts center in a one year capital campaign.
- Rivoli Theatre Group should immediately begin communicating its priorities and goals to the community.
- Begin enlisting campaign leadership and follow appropriate development steps in organizing the overall campaign effort beginning with – recruiting campaign leadership, comprehensive communication and public awareness, and preparation for solicitations.
We want to thank all of you who participated in the study. Your honest feedback and assessments have proved invaluable and will help ensure the success of our upcoming campaign.
Thank you once more for your time and involvement.